- Companies can be nominated by the business owner, an employee, a customer or vendor. Please click here if you are interested in nominating an outstanding business.
- Nominated companies or companies that wish to enter may download the forms from the previous page. Packets can also be mailed by calling 409-835-5951 x 117 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalists will be selected based on their coverage of each of the criteria listed below. Applications do not have to be long, just informative.
General Overview of the Company
Describe your company’s product or service, your target market and geographical reach. This summary should include descriptions of the criteria listed below, your company’s mission statement and any other general information explaining why your company merits consideration for the Torch Award for Marketplace Trust.
1. Identify high ethical standards of behavior toward customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees and communities in which you do business
2. Validate how your business demonstrates ethical practices surrounding your buyer/seller relationships.
3. Document your long standing history /reputation or ethical practices in the marketplace.
4. Provide examples of marketing, advertising, communications, and sales practices which reflect a true representation of what is being offered to the marketplace by your business.
5. Identify and acknowledge ethical marketplace practices by industry peers where you do business.
6. Provide ethics policies that are effectively communicated by your business to your employees.
7. Document ethics policies that are designed to give long-term value to shareholders, customers, etc., by your company.
8. Validate training programs that help your employees to carry out established ethics and customer service policies.
If you have any questions about the criteria or application process, please contact us.